Now I just realised in all this time making matcha recipes I've never made a matcha green tea cake. I've made matcha smoothies, green tea ice cream, matcha lattes but no cake!
So when I discovered Chris' Matcha cake recipes I decided it was about time to make one. This recipe is a combination of two recipes - a Matcha Smoothie cake and a Raw Matcha Coconut Cake. With my own spin including avocado and mixed berries to garnish. It is raw, vegan, gluten free and completely delicious.
This recipe makes 2 Small Matcha Cakes or 1 Large Cake
- 2 Medium Cake tins (or 1 large)
- Cling Wrap
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 1 Small Banana
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Mango
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tsp Shredded Coconut
- 10g Cooking Grade Matcha Tea
- 1/2 Cup Dried Dates
- Small handful Almond Slivers
1 Tbsp LSA mix or similiar
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
- Mixed Berries and fruit to garnish
- Line your cake moulds with some cling wrap.
- Add dates and almonds and LSA to you blender - mix until it becomes combined well and like a thick paste. Add to your cake tins and use your hands to push down firmly until you have a solid base.
Set aside and wash your blender as you will need for the filling
Throw all filling ingredients into a blender and blend create your mixture. It should be like a thick smoothie at this stage.Taste for flavour, if it needs some more sweetness you can add some agave or honey to suit your tastes.
- Pour in your filling mixture until the top of the tins - shake the cake tins gently to spread it out evenly and create a flat top of the cake.
- Put in the freezer for 1-2 hours - depending on thickness of your cakes. It should be chilled and become firm, but not completely frozen. I left one in overnight and it was rock hard the next day.
- Remove from cake tins and serve immediately.
After being in the freezer for about an hour - The outside is firm while the centre was still gooey. I ate it like this.
(I left one in the freezer overnight and it was rock hard the next day - so I made a matcha slice)
There - one delicious, healthy, raw, vegan, gluten free matcha green tea cake. If you make one of your own, please leave a comment below.
For more recipes please join the mailing list below or join our Facebook Page.