The weekend is here and it’s time to relax and enjoy some delicious food after a long, hard, working week.
To keep things simple and sweet, we have an easy and super tasty matcha recipe for you - Matcha Vegan Green Tea Cake Slices - from Tess Begg, a regular contributor to Kenko Tea’s matcha food collection.
Tess has created many delicious, clean and healthy desserts with matcha, which you can check out here:
This delicious dairy free green tea cake does not have that neon green tea look because of the small amount of matcha used. But if you want to turn up the volume just add more matcha!
The sweetener used in the recipe is unrefined cane sugar, which comes in a natural state without being chemically processed. It retains a lot of nutrients like calcium, iron, and magnesium – which white refined sugar doesn’t.
It’s a great way to switch to healthy diet without cutting out on sugar completely.
Okie, it’s time to get down to the actions. Here is the recipe!
Vegan Matcha Green Tea Cake Slices
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Kenko matcha powder ( adjust to suit your taste)
- ⅓ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup unrefined cane sugar
- ¼ cup brown rice malt syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Whisk together plain flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, & matcha in a bowl
- Beat butter, sugar, and malt syrup in another bowl till creamy
- Stir in flour mixture until mixed
- Mix in almond milk until combined and smooth
- Add more almond milk to adjust the consistency if needed (I added 2 tbsp)
- Pour into square tin lined with baking paper
- Even the surface with the spatula
- Bake at 190 C for 20-25 mins or until risen and fluffy
- Cool on rack and cut into squares
This is a tasty and healthy snack that that will brighten up your day. For some pro tips on cooking these gorgeous vegan matcha green tea cake slices, check out the video. Enjoy!
Enjoy the recipe? If yes, please don’t forget to