Matcha Avocado Green Tea Popsicles (Icypoles) with Chocolate
This week we are featuring two of my favourite matcha recipe creators - Emily and Deeni from The Peachy Pear. I've been following Emily and Deeni on Instagram for a while now and their amazingly colourful recipes always blow my mind. Their amazing matcha green tea popsicle recipe (or matcha icypoles for us Australians) looked so good I had to include it as a Matcha recipe of the week here at Kenko Tea.
Who is behind The Peachy Pear?
Besides creating Amazing healthy and colourful recipes constantly - they are none other than Emily and Deeni! Two university students from Adelaide. Sharing their passion for healthy, plant based living through our colourful creations. Super Awesome!
Their matcha green tea ice block recipe is packed full of healthy fats from the avocado, chia seeds and coconut, and full of nutrients and antioxidants from the Matcha green tea and Cacao - Awesome sauce!
It is also Raw, vegan, gluten free and easy to make :)
Matcha Chocolate Icypoles (Popsicles) with Mint, Coconut & Avocado
Ice-blocks (makes about 6)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup rice milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 - 2 tsp matcha powder (depending on how strong you like it!)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp coconut water (we used Natural Raw C)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend together all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and place in freezer overnight or until completely set
- In the morning remove from moulds (you may need to run some warm water over them so they come out) and set aside.
- For the cacao-choc sauce, mix all ingredients together so that there are no lumps. If you are finding it difficult you may need to place the ingredients in a saucepan over low heat to achieve a smooth texture.
- Drizzle the tips of each popsicle with the choc. sauce (and any other toppings you like! You could add desiccated coconut, nuts, goji berries etc.)
Eat straight away or store in an air-tight container in the freezer
All pics courtesy of Emily and Deeni from The Peachy Pear
Enjoyed this recipe? :) Be sure to: