I've got to be honest, I've been a bit lazy lately here at Kenko Tea HQ with keeping the site updated with regular content and fabulous Matcha recipes. (like this Amazing Raw Matcha and Mint Cheesecake coming up in a second)
At one stage it was the most enjoyable part of running this business. Experimenting with matcha every day, making green tea smoothies, lattes and matcha cakes constantly and sharing the creations with our awesome matcha community.
But life got in the way. What was originally just a passion of mine turned into a real business and the matcha recipe posts ground to a copmplete halt :(
But that is about to change starting today! With the first installment of Kenko Tea's Matcha Recipe of the Week feature.
And what a way to start - A delicious No-Baked, Raw Matcha and Mint Cheesecake recipe from the lovely Tiana at Life of Goodness.
Being a Nutrition and Dietetics University student with a passion for helping people towards better health through positive changes in diet and mindset, Tiana started her blog "Life Of Goodness" to share recipes and show people that eating healthy is delicious!
While guiding them towards better health through positive changes in diet and mindset. You can find Tiana on facebook and Instagram. We think Tiana rocks!
Anyway.. to the cake recipe:
No-Baked (Raw) Matcha & Mint Cheesecake Ingredients
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup raw buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 2½ cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hrs in water to soften)
- ½ cup coconut water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Kenko matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups fresh mint
- 1 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ block raw mint chocolate
- Mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder
- Line base of cake tin with baking paper.
Blend base ingredients and place in cake tin, press down with fingers until even and place in freezer.
Blend cashews, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut water and sweetener and blend until smooth.
Pour in some of the filling in the cake tin and leave the rest for the green tea layer.
With remaining cashew filling, add in spinach, mint, peppermint extract and matcha powder, blend until combined and pour into the cake tin.
- Place in freezer and let it set for about 4 hours.
Break up chocolate bar in a heat proof bowl, boil water in a saucepan and place bowl in water.
- Let the chocolate melt, and grab the bowl with a tea towel so you don't burn your hand and pour onto the cake.
- Add a sprinkle of matcha powder, mint and pistachio nuts.
- Store in fridge or freezer!
Would you like a slice? I know I do. If you make this easy matcha vegan cheesecake recipe, be sure to hashtag #kenkotea or #lifeofgoodness on Instagram.
PS: For sneak peaks on upcoming recipes, don't forget to:
- Sign up for our newsletter below to be the first to know!
Follow us on Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Tweet us on Twitter