If you need a last minute idea for a Christmas dessert, we have a great one for you! This Vegan Matcha Lime Cheesecake from Jen Vegan Matcha Lime Cheesecake from @positivelyjen
is sure to brighten up your festive table setting this holiday period.
Jen is a vegan food enthusiast from Australia, currently living in London. Jen is a nutrition and health coach, has a creative and artistic sense for food, and enjoys making delicious recipes and sharing them with others online.
You can check out Jen and her works at:
Jen's vegan cheesecake is the perfect combination of refreshing pineapple and lime with the bittersweet matcha green tea and a subtle sweetness of coconut and cashews. The dessert is free of gluten, sugar, dairy and completely raw.
It's so fresh, delicious, and super healthy. It will be the perfect treats for everyone at your family dinner this winter.
Vegan Raw Matcha Pine Lime Cheesecake
Time to make: 15 mins for each layer
Time to freeze: 2 hours
Total: 2 hours 45 mins
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almonds (you can sub for any other nut – hazelnuts or pecans)
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least 4 hours (best overnight if possible)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple pieces, fresh or from a tin
- 1/2 cup agave or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp agave or brown rice syrup
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- Blend all ingredients until well combined for 60 secs. Scrape down the side as necessary.
- Transfer to a small springform cake tin lined with baking parchment. Press down evenly.
- Refrigerate the tin while working on the second layer.
- Blend the cashews until almost smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Blend remaining ingredients with cashews until smooth.
- Add the mixture over the top of base evenly.
- Allow to freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Blend the cashews first then the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Add more matcha if the mixture’s too pale and blend.
- Transfer the top layer onto the middle layer in a cake tin.
- Smooth with the back of a spatula evenly.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Leave out of the freezer for 5-10 mins before cutting and serving.
What a beautiful and delectable cake to enjoy on a special occasion! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Enjoy your Holiday’s recipes? Then, don’t hesitate to: