Now we’re halfway through the week, we think this recipe is a sweet and delicious one to share with your loved ones for the coming weekend. Meet Cecilia Fung and her amazingAlmond Matcha Cookies.
Cecilia, or@ceceky, is a speech therapist from Hong Kong. Although she is not a professional chef or baker, she is a foodie who loves home cooking. Cecilia learnt to bake after being inspired by different recipes from the internet as well as through her own experiences of baking desserts at home for her friends and family.
Cecilia loves to track her baking journey on her social media to share with anyone who has a similar passion for special treats. You can check out Cecilia and her journey viainstagram.
Cecilia’s matcha cookies are a pleasant combination of rich nutty almonds and mildly sweet matcha green tea. The recipe is as easy as cookies!
Matcha Almond Green Tea Cookies
- 100g butter, softened
- 80g sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g flour
- 50g almond flour
- 25g almond flakes
- 15g matcha powder
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Mix in the egg until well combined.
- Add in all the dry ingredients.
- Mix well to form the dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Mold the dough into your desired shape.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Let the cookies cool before serving.
Freshly baked from the oven and so delish. Grab a glass of milk, put your feet up and enjoy your day with these toasty cookies.
Want more recipes? Here’s what you can do: