It’s halfway to the weekend! To keep the week moving along smoothly, we have another awesome recipe to share with you that will make the perfect brunch for a lazy weekend.
Today I want to introduce you to the Matcha Green Tea Waffles Recipe by Shana Watson from@_thebalancedkitchen.
Shana is a nutritionist in training with a passion for cooking, food styling, creating recipes, photography and writing. In 2014, she began her healthy food Instagram - The Balanced Kitchen.
Her recipes and photography have been featured across the web, in the Natvia Christmas E-book, Norbu Raw E-book, Feedfeed and many more places. She has also previously been the head food and recipe writer and photographer for The Nutrition Press.
Living and working in Melbourne, Shana has developed and shared many healthy recipes and awesome food photos on social media:
This recipe, Matcha Green Tea Waffles, is really easy to make and very delicious too!
Matcha Green Tea Waffles
- 3/4 cup self raising whole meal
- 2 tsp Kenko Matcha Green Tea
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp margarine, melted, cooled
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 milk of choice (works best with skim milk)
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, discarding any leftover bran. Sift Kenko Matcha Green Tea into the flour. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat the egg and sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add margarine and honey to the egg mixture, and continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Add alternately the milk and dry mixture to the wet mixture, until just combined. Do not over mix. Allow to stand for at 30 minute to 3 hours.
- Heat waffle iron to appliance instructions and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the waffle mix (1/4 to 1/2 cup) onto the iron and cook until crispy and slightly golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh fruit and a dusting of Kenko Matcha Green Tea.
The recipe serves 4 waffles, so 2 waffles per person.
That’s it! Pretty easy and yummy right? If you like this post, please don’t forget to