I've done some experimenting with different milks to combine with matcha powder lately. Soy, rice milk, almond milk, oat milk - everything. But one I've found combines particularly well with matcha is almond milk. It has enough sweetness on it's own that you don't need to add any additional sugar. Is dairy free for you lacto-phobes and the lovely vegans of course.
Today I have two delicious green tea latte recipes usingAlmond Breeze almond milk. One hot, One cold,
I did the this the old fashion way and used a stove top and saucepan, but you could also use a milk frother or coffee machine.
- Add almond milk to a saucepan and warm slowly
- Sift in your matcha tea and add some sweetener
- Heat up slowly over a medium heat, and stir.
- You don't need to boil it, just hot enough for a hot drink is enough.
- 1/2 tsp matcha tea powder
- Ice cubes - 1 handful
- Cup of almond milk
- coconut sugar or another sweetener
- Dissolve your matcha in a little warm water - add your sweetener here if desired
- Add ice cubes and milk to your glass
- Pour in your matcha to the milk - it should look pretty cool at this stage.
- Stir and enjoy!
The end result!
Hope you enjoyed it feel free to share the post.
For more recipes sign up to the mailing list below or join us on facebook!