New Year’s Eve is just around the corner and at Kenko Tea we’re getting ready to celebrate in style.
To make the very last week of 2015 a delicious one, we’ve got a fabulous and festive dessert recipe by the amazing Anthony aka the Jolly Eater: Mini Matcha Green Tea Cheesecake!
Anthony is a home cook from Perth, Western Australia who had gastric sleeve surgery two years ago. This sparked his passion for healthy and delicious food, and together with his wife Michelle from @athomebarista, he creates recipes that are good for the waistline and the tongue!
You can learn more about his awesome recipes here:
Anthony’s recipe yields four mini matcha cheesecakes - so you won’t be overeating even if you serve them up at an indulgent New Year’s party!
Mini Matcha Green Tea Cheesecake
- 170g Arnott’s Butternut Snap Cookies
- 40g Butter
- 250g Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Caster Sugar
- 125ml thicken Cream
- ½ Tsp Matcha Green Tea
- 100g White Chocolate, Melted
- 1 ½ Tsp Gelatine
- ¼ Cup Boiled Water
- Melt Butter in microwave for 2.5 minutes
- Blitz Butternut Cookies in food processor until it looks like sand
- Add melted Butter and combine with spoon
- Divide mixture evenly in four 6.5 cm Dariol Moulds about 1 -1.5 cm in depth
- Let it set in the fridge for half an hour (Note: There will be left-over cookie mixture)
- Blend Cream Cheese and Sugar to food processor till it’s creamy
- Mix Boiled Water to Gelatin till dissolved
- Mix Gelatin to Cream Cheese Mixture until combined
- Bring a pot of water to simmer for melting Chocolate
- Melt White Chocolate in a metal or glass bowl placed on top of water pot
- Whisk Matcha Powder to the thicken Cream until smooth and no lumps
- Once Chocolate is melted, fold into Cream Cheese mixture
- Then, fold in the Matcha Cream
- Divide evenly into Dariol Moulds & refrigerate for 4 – 6 hours
Eat and enjoy – and have a Happy New Year!
Love posts like this? Then, please don’t forget to