This weekend we have a beloved treat that you can bake and share with your best buddies. It’s the majestic Matcha Strawberry Frosting Cupcakes recipe from the wonderful Jade, aka @bakedbyjade.
Jade is a passionate home baker whose favourite motto of life is “Kind words are like honey — sweet to the soul and healthy for the body - Proverbs 16:24 NLT.”
These cupcakes have a light and fluffy texture combined with the hearty taste of matcha green tea. The cupcakes have a mild and natural sweetness, and are packed full of healthy antioxidants.
These cupcakes are finished perfectly with beautiful strawberry frosting. The homemade buttercream is made with the freshest strawberries, delivering a wholesome and natural flavour.
Strawberry Frosting Matcha Cupcakes
- 190g all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1g salt
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g granulated sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk*
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 177 C. Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha using a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until color looks pale.
- Add vanilla extract to the egg mixture, mix well.
- Sift in half of the dry ingredients, gently mix until just combined.
- Mix in half of the buttermilk to the batter until smooth.
- Sift in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the melted butter and the rest of the buttermilk, continue mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the prepared pan with the batter until approximately ⅔ full.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 mins.
*Tip: For buttermilk substitute, you can use regular milk + 1 tsp white vinegar and let sit for about 10 mins.
- 115g butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 5-6 fresh strawberries, washed & de-stemmed
- Puree strawberries with a blender or a food processor.
- Heat the puree in a saucepan until boiling and thickened
- Once thickened, set the puree aside to cool.
- Beat butter until fluffy and pale with a hand mixer.
- Gradually sift in the icing sugar, continue beating well.
- Pour in strawberry sauce and mix until combined.
- Pour into the piping bag fitted with your choice of nozzle.
- Pipe the strawberry frosting onto cupcakes.
Tip: Consistency of frosting can be adjusted by adding milk if too stiff, and more icing sugar if too soft.
These beautiful and delicious matcha strawberry cupcakes are the perfect treat for a relaxing weekend or make for a wonderful gift for a special occasion.
Don’t want to miss out from us? Here’s what you can do to stay updated: