Matcha green tea cookies never get boring for anyone with a sweet tooth.
So for this week, the Kenko Tea team have another delightful matcha recipe, Matcha Dipped Chocolate Cookies, shared by Jennifer Forsyth from @jforsyth820.
Jennifer loves hanging out with her baby cat, Sprocket, and enjoys making new recipes, while always in search of the next best food to enjoy. You can find out more about her delicious recipes through her instagram.
Jennifer’s Matcha Dip Chocolate Cookies are super fun and easy to make. You can bake the matcha cookies in any shape you desire. Jennifer has shaped her cookies into stars, which are super cute!
The combo of matcha and chocolate flavours will definitely satisfy both your chocolate and matcha indulgence. They are the perfect treats to bring to share with your loved ones or enjoy by yourself.
Chocolate Dipped Matcha Green Tea Cookies
Yield: About 18 cookies
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp matcha
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips. You can use milk, semi-sweet or white chocolate - whatever you prefer.
- Cookie cutters (optional)
- Sift together flour, matcha and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in another bowl until light and fluffy, with a stand or hand mixer.
- Mix in the flour mixture on low speed until just incorporated.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into ¼-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 177 C for 10-12 mins.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before continuing.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on high, stirring regularly.
- Dip half of the cookie (or the whole if you like) in chocolate.
- Let the excess drip off and place the cookies on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and then dust with extra matcha powder if desired.
Voila! Super easy but so tasty, right? We hope you enjoy the recipe and have fun baking.
If you love this recipe, then please don’t forget to: