Instagram fan Lianne writes: "Dear Kenkotea, Yum!! do you have a recipe for all your smoothies? Wanna make some!!!"
Well Lianne, today is your lucky day. As I am writing out the recipe for my banana, matcha and green tea smoothie right now, this second. I hope you have a pen and paper ready, because here it is.
Sam's secret ingredients:
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 a granny smith apple (I only had half an apple)
- 1 tsp cooking grade matcha powder (sifted and then dissolved in warm water - otherwise you get lumps)
- 6 ice cubes
- half a cup of milk - soy milk or almond milk is fine too. But no rice milk that's for losers.
- juice from half a lemon (key ingredient! dont forget this)
- a few mint leaves to garnish (ps. tear these up and put on top, you get the mint flavour with every sip)
My magic method:
- Put everything into the blender, (except the mint) then turn the blender on. Just make sure you sift and dissolve the matcha in warm water first. You can't really mess up a smoothie, no matter how hard you try.
- Garnish with the mint!! I love mint!!!
- Pour into a glass, take out your Iphone, turn on instagram, take a photo and then hashtag #kenkotea if you make this recipe.
- Stay up all night because you drank too much matcha tea. (yes it has caffeine, especially if you use a whole teaspoon)
There you are Lianne.
Any more requests / hate mail / love letters can be directed to