We hope you’re enjoying your January and looking forward to the weekend when you can sink your teeth into today’s awesome matcha recipe.
It’s super healthy – so you don’t have to worry about going on a sugar binge over the next couple of days.
Today we are delighted to share with you a recipe for VeganMatcha Chocolate Chip Cookies by the lovely Tess Begg aka @tessbegg.
Tess is an extremely creative and talented vegan recipes developer from Sydney with a deep passion for tasty vegan food and wholesome living. Check out her inspiring (and mouth watering) work here:
This recipe for green tea chocolate chip cookies is super easy to make. It’s also free from dairy and eggs (even the chocolate chips are vegan), which makes the cookies much healthier than the usual kinds. Also, these vegan cookies are filled up with tonnes of great antioxidants from matcha – so you can munch on them guilt free.
The divine combination of matcha and chocolate make these cookies irresistible, so let’s hurry up and get baking.
Matcha Chocolate Chip Green Tea Cookies
Serving: 15-20 cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 2 tbsp brown rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 2 tbsp water; set aside to thicken for 5 mins)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp Kenko Tea matcha powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 190 C
- Beat butter, sugar, malt syrup, and almond milk on low speed until creamy
- Mix in flax egg to the mixture until combined
- Combine flour, baking powder, coconut shreds, and matcha in a separate bowl
- Add flour mixture bit by bit into the other mixture
- Stir well to combine the mixtures
- Add more flour for the right consistency, thick & not too doughy (about ½ cup = 7 tbsp)
- Mix chocolate chips/chunks to the mixture
- Scoop 1 tbsp evenly on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven
- Let the cookies cool to get harden on the outside. Then, ENJOY~
Don’t they look gorgeous? They taste even better than they look!
These vegan cookies are the perfect weekend treat to reward yourself with. You can check out more about this recipe in the video below.
Love posts like this? Then, please don’t forget to