It’s Fri-yay! The weekend is almost here so let’s celebrate the end of the week with this delightful matcha recipe.
This recipe for matcha chocolate mint and pistachio cups was created by the talented Melissa from Wholesome Daily.
Melissa is a recipe developer and busy mum of two. Her business is focused on health and wellness through plant-based nutrition. She has created and shared many recipes on raw, vegan, and refined sugar-free treats – to see them head over to Melissa’s instagram!
This Matcha Chocolate Mint Cup Recipe is vegan, raw, gluten- and dairy-free, and absolutely delicious. Make your tastebuds sing with the combination of chocolate, mint and matcha green tea and the added nutty taste of pistachios.
The cups are the perfect sweet treat for the weekend.
Matcha Choc Mint Cups + Pistachios Topping
- 100ml coconut oil
- 85g grams cacao powder
- 80ml maple syrup
- Chopped pistachios for garnish
- 1 cup cashews soaked at least 4hrs
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp Kenko matcha green tea powder
- 2 drops of food grade peppermint essential oil
- Melt the coconut oil over hot bowl below 40 degrees to remain raw.
- Add your raw cacao powder and maple syrup (add more maple syrup if you prefer)
- Whisk everything until smooth and glossy.
- Pour half of melted chocolate in an approx 10-cm springform pan or cupcake size moulds for smaller portion to create the bases.
- Put in the fridge to set and leave the remaining chocolate in hot bowl to keep from setting and hardening.
- Blend cashews in a high-speed mixer until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients in the blender
- Add extra small amount of coconut water to help blend and create a smooth consistency.
- Be sure all the baby spinach has blended until it can no longer be seen in the mixture.
- Pour filling over the chocolate base and set in fridge for a further 10 minutes until firm.
- Add remaining chocolate over the firm filling.
- Garnish on top with chopped pistachios.
- Set the cups overnight in the freezer before serving.
These tasty matcha choc mint cups are the perfect treats for your weekend.
Love this post? If yes, please don’t forget to