With the coming Valentine’s Day, we feel super romantic, and what better way to show off your love than with a delicious homemade dessert?
To light your romantic fires and get your oven hot, we’ve got a blissful matcha dessert recipe to share called Mini Matcha Lava Cake by the delightful Anita.
Anita is a passionate foodie who loves to eat, travel, explore new things and have fun wherever she goes. She also enjoys creating her own tasty desserts recipes - you can check out Anita’s adventurous life and tasty treats here:
Anita’s Matcha Lava Cakes recipe kind of happened by mistake. She was making a green tea cheesecake but whisked it too much so it became a green tea lava cake. What a happy accident!
Whether it’s done in a cheesecake or a lava cake style, this recipe is still delicious with the perfect blend of Oreos and matcha green tea. The rich, smooth matcha cream filling is complemented by the crunchy Oreo crust and the fresh strawberry chocolate topping.
It’s also extremely easy and quick to make; a perfect loved up dessert. Let’s begin!
Mini Matcha Oreo Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 x block cream cheese (Laughing Cow is perfect)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 2 tbsp Kenko matcha tea
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix together oreo cookie crumbs with butter in a bowl
- Form the oreo mixture evenly into cup shape in the molds of baking pan
- Bake for 7 mins
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth in the mixer bowl (about 3 mins)
- Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing
- Mix in matcha & vanilla extract until fully incorporated (Do not overmix)
- Fill the oreo cup to the top with cheesecake batter
- Place the cups in the microwavable container
- Microwave for 30-45 secs
- Coat strawberries with chocolate for garnish!
And you're done! These gorgeous green tea chocolate lava cakes are sure to be a big hit with your special someone☺
Enjoy the recipe? Then, please don’t forget to