December is just around the corner and with the holiday season coming, the team at Kenko Tea is getting into the spirit of things.
Holidays are a time for eating tasty food and sharing good cheer, so we’ve got scores of delicious matcha dessert recipes to help you celebrate during the silly season.
Today we’d love to introduce you to this very special recipe for Royaltin Oreo Crust Green Tea Tart with Matcha Cream by the fabulous Fancy Bite.
Fancy Bite is a passionate home baking service located in Sydney, specialising in pies, tarts, brownies and cakes.
Everything is freshly baked with the finest, natural and local ingredients, using secret family and heritage recipes. Check out their beautiful collection at:
This Matcha Green Tea Cream Tart is a no bake recipe. The ingredients are also easily found at any good food store. The Oreo Cookies Crust and the Green Tea Cream pair up perfectly, creating a brilliantly combined flavour.
Another special part of this tart recipe is the combination of liquor and matcha. You can certainly skip the liquor and still have a delicious result. But a little splash won't hurt and will give a tasty kick to this dessert, perfect for the holidays.
Matcha Oreo Crust Cream Tart
- 45 pieces of OREO cookies (without the cream)
- 60 grams of Valrhona Dark Chocolate (we use the Equatoriale Noir Dark)
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/4 tsp of natural sea salt
Optional: a splash of your favourite liquor
- 1 cup of heavy whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons of whole milk
- 200 grams of premium quality white chocolate
- 1-3 tbsp Kenko Tea matcha (depends on your preference, we like a lot of matcha ^^)
- 1/4 tsp of natural sea salt
- 1 tbsp of butter
Optional: another little splash of your favourite liquor
Crush the OREO cookies into a fine crumbs consistency (use blender, food processor or smashing with rolling pin in ziplock bag)
- Mix OREO crumbs with salt in a large mixing bowl
Melt the butter and chocolate (use bain marie technique or in microwave, stir well every 15 secs or so)
Pour melted butter & choc into OREO mixture (Optional: Add splash of liquor at this stage)
- Combine all the ingredients until the crumbs stick together
- Press the crumbs evenly throughout the tart pan with spoon or hand to make into tart shell
- Put in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- Sift the matcha powder into a small bowl.
- Mix milk and matcha until it forms a smooth consistency.
Melt the white chocolate and butter (use bain marie technique or in the microwave, stir every 20 seconds until smooth and shiny)
- Heat the cream in the meanwhile
- Pour heated cream into the white choc, then that to matcha mixture
- Whisk everything thoroughly until smooth
- Mix in salt and your favourite liquor (optional) until combine.
- Let it cool completely in a room temperature.
- Pour the cooled filling into the tart shell
- Smooth the top with a small spatula
- Put in the fridge (4 hours) or in the freezer (2 hours)
- Dust some non-melting icing sugar or matcha powder and Enjoy! :)
Beautiful and delicious, perfect for sharing. Try this out for the holiday season, you’ll love it!
Love posts like this? Then don't forget to