It’s a brand new week, so let’s start off the right way with another awesome matcha recipe!
Cake is always the best dessert. You probably have childhood memories sharing special desserts with your family. Perhaps your mum or grandmother would bake you a birthday cake and you look back on those memories fondly.
Unfortunately, maintaining our weight isn’t as easy today as it was when we were young. So sometimes having a healthy dessert is a better idea, and that usually rules out cake.
But with the healthy touch of matcha, we can have our cake and eat it too!
For a guilt free dessert cake you can enjoy, we’d like to unveil Raw Vegan Matcha Cake Recipe by the awesome Janti Wignjoprnaoto, akaalterjiwo.
Janti is from Yogyakarta, Indonesia. She has a strong passion for veganism and pursuing a healthy lifestyle. She is a (raw) vegan chef and organic gardener with plenty of great recipes and pictures oninstagram.
Now, this cake recipe is vegan, raw, sugar-free, dairy-free, easy to make and super delicious. Let’s get stuck in!
Raw Vegan Matcha Cake
- 1.5 cups sunflower seeds, ground
- 2 TBSP linseed (flax seeds), ground
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 2 TBSP Cacao or Carob Powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder or 1 drop of Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 1 cup coconut shreds
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (raw honey or maple syrup)
- handful of mint or a drop of Peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 tsp + 1/3 tsp Kenko matcha green tea
- Mix the crust ingredients until you have a sticky dough.
- Press the ‘dough’ into your cake pan.
- Add all the ingredients except the matcha to a blender
- Blitz until you get them creamy
- Scoop out 1/3 of the mint filling and spread it on top of the base.
- Scoop out the rest of the filling in a bowl and mix it with 1/2 tsp matcha
- Scoop out half of this mint matcha filling and spread it on top of the mint layer.
- Mix the remaining filling with 1/3 tsp matcha
- Spread the remaining filling on top of the other two cake layers.
- Refrigerate/freeze the cake for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, dust the cake with matcha green tea.
This cake is to be served chilled.
Tada~ Look so yummy right? If you love the recipe, please don’t forget to