It’s yet another Monday, but let us help you start your week right with a delicious slice of something sweet from Kenko’s amazing matcha recipe collection.
Today we have Vegan Raw Matcha Green Tea Cheesecake created by the passionate and talented Maggie Lo aka @maggielo_
Maggie is a New Zealander living in Sydney who’s all about fitness and vegan food, especially vegan desserts. She loves to share her healthy lifestyle and you can check out her inspiring posts and recipes here:
Maggie made this lovely cheesecake for her friend’s birthday and it was a smash hit. No wonder. It’s delicious and healthy – a knockout combination!
There’s no dairy or refined sugar in this recipe, so it’s a guilt free treat. The coconut and cashew gives it a rich and filling body while the hint of matcha green tea gives it a tasty twist.
Let’s start baking!
Raw Green Tea Vegan Matcha Cheesecake
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted & soaked in hot water
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 5 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked for several hours or preferably overnight
- 6 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 400ml can of coconut cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 4 Tbs matcha green tea powder
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- Line a 16 cm wide round cake tin with baking paper
- Blend almonds & shredded coconut in a blender until crumb-like consistency
- Add in dates & blend until mixture can be formed into a ball
- Press into the base of cake tin
- Blend cashew nuts, coconut oil, coconut cream, and maple syrup until smooth
- Pour ⅔ of the mixture into a large bowl
- Blend in lemon juice to the mixture still in the blender
- Pour into the cake tin over the base
- Place in the freezer for at least half an hour to set
- Pour the mixture from a bowl back into the blender
- Blend in with matcha powder until it is mixed in evenly
- Pour over the white layer
- Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place in freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer ½ hour before serving.
- Drizzle with cacao sauce & garnish with cacao nibs, fresh fruits, chocolate, bliss balls, anything you love!
Now that’s a great way to start the week – healthy cheesecake! We hope you enjoy it.
Love more posts like this? Then, don’t forget to: